In honor of Sunday Funday I’ve composed a little DIY for all of you to try! I’m sure by now you’ve seen those really cute studded high waisted shorts at every boutique in Miami and been like, “AH, I NEED THOSE IN MY LIFE!,” and then you see the $60-80 price tag and you’re all like “Maybe I don’t need em that bad…” Well fashionistas, never fear because Tiffany is here!
DIY Studded Highwaisted Shorts! It’s so easy a caveman can do it!
So here are the instructions.
1. Grab a pair of high waisted jeans from your local thrift store. I got a pair of vintage Levi’s for $4 at Goodwill. Try them on and mark with the marker how short you want them. After, lay them out on a flat surface and with the ruler draw a line across the jeans where you want them cut.
2. Cut them and try them on. If you want them shorter repeat #1 or you can always cuff them. You can also cut the bottom in a diagonal, which is what I did.
3. Next decide the stud design you want. I chose to stud the entire front of one side of my shorts. Grab the pyramid stud and place it on the jeans and push the little spikes through.
4. Grab the spoon and push down the spikes to secure the stud. Repeat until you get the desired pattern.
5. Then distress them and fray the bottoms on the shorts. Fray and distress using a razor or sharp object and run it along the shorts. Sandpaper works great for creating holes.
How easy and adorable is this?! A few low cost items, some free time and your imagination will get you fabulous shorts for less then half the price of what they would cost you at any store!
I also studded a pair of black shorts. How cute are they?!
P.S Don’t forget to follow/stalk me ! ❤