We all know Dry Shampoo can save your second hair day blues and keep you from washing it so soon, but there’s so much more it can do for you and that beautiful head of hair! Check out these top 8 ways I found while skimming Cosmo to use Dry Shampoo!
1. It keeps your curls from clumping together. If you want your curls to be piece-y and imperfect, keep them from clumping together in a uniform wave by spraying a starch-based dry shampoo, like Dove’s Dry Shampoo, all over your hair after you curl it. The starch in the dry shampoo coats your hair and makes it dry and matte, covering your hair’s natural oils, so your curls don’t intertwine and make a master wave.
2. It boosts volume in one spray. Flip your head upside down and spray for some extra lift. After that, make sure to concentrate the dry shampoo at your roots first, and then finish by spraying it all over to add some texture and volume all around.
3. It helps lock in your hair when you backcomb. Before backcombing, spray the section in Dry Shampoo. It helps lock in the tease more and holds the style longer !
4. It adds grip to bobby pins. To keep bobby pins from slipping out of your hair when you’re doing an updo, spray them all over with dry shampoo to give them some grip first.
5. It adds a subtle hold to your hair. Dry shampoo offers a little hold, but unlike hairspray it won’t leave you with helmet hair of any kind. It gives you that touchable hold that you can still runs your hair through.
6. It keeps your bangs from sticking to your forehead. Spraying it under your bangs only will keep your fringe from sticking to the oil on your forehead. You don’t need to spray dry shampoo all over your bangs — the underneath is the most important part. It keeps your fringe together nicely as well.
7. It can help you reverse your style. If you wear a slicked back style one day and the next day you don’t have time to wash it but want it to look windblown, spray dry shampoo all over your hair and then brush it through with a paddle brush. You need to work the products out of your hair that slicked it back initially, so the dry shampoo will help reverse your hair texture back.
8. It can help conceal dark roots if you’re a blonde.If you’re trying to cover up dark regrowth, you have to go for a powder dry shampoo instead of a starch-y one, because that formula will impart white powder onto your roots that help cover them up.