Hello my fashion disciples! I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite new beauty products which I promise you NEED to try as soon as you can. Everything from hair ties to exfoliator to a life changing foundation. Let’s get started shall we?
- Invisibobble – The search for a hair tie that doesn’t mark my hair but keeps the ridiculous amount of hair on my head in place has been a long one, a very very long one. Invisibobble has answered my prayers by providing me with a hair tie with the look of a phone cord. It’s unique spiral shape keeps my strands in place and doesn’t leave an ugly mark when I take my hair down afterwards. Best part is that it cannot absorb fluids, it doesn’t wear out and it prevent split ends! These life changing hair accessories are available in 3 HAIR-CHANGING SIZES and a variety of fashionable colors: Original ($8), Power ($9), Nano ($7) (3 invisibobbles per box). Find them at Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, ULTA, TOP SHOP, and Beauty.com
2. Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk – I LOVED this. I was searching for a gradual tanner to replace my Jergen’s one which after a few uses turned me oompa loompa orange, not a good look. This gem came along and I fell in love. After a few days of use, it left me with a pretty bronzed glow , not orange at all. I used it everyday after showering and it smells like summer! Be warned though, wash your hands after applying or you will have weird brown marks in between your fingers the next day!
3. Junetics Pure Energy Eye Cream – The eye cream is so light and comes with a 5 roller ball applicator which makes it so easy to apply. It diminishes fine lines, puffiness, dark circles and brightens your eyes as soon as you put it on. It felt so hydrating and I saw an improvement with my dark circles after a week of using. It’s a bit pricey but worth it! ($50)
4. Black is White Whitening Toothpaste – This toothpaste not only gets rids of surface stains but it so fun to use because it turns your mouth black! Black Is White activated charcoal whitening toothpaste removes discoloration using activated charcoal without abrading or bleaching – all while boosting oral health. I used it for about three weeks and noticed my teeth were whiter and more resistant to staining. I do wish it was more minty though ! ($30)
5. Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette – I LOVE this palette. L O V E. The colors are perfect for creating a flawless contoured look. I use the darkest color to sculpt my face and the lightest to contract and they blend so easily and create a natural contoured look. ($28)
6. Origins Active Charcoal Mask – I’ve always had oily skin and issues with blackheads around my nose. This masks gets deep in my pores using charcoal to bring out the gunk. I love how tight my pores look after using it and my skin looks so smooth. It really helps clear up my skin whenever I get a breakout. I use it about once week after the shower so my pores are open and it cleans better. ($26)
7. Unwash Dry Shampoo – Refresh and revive hair on the fly with Unwash® Dry Cleanser. This superior, lightweight performance formula leaves no residue on tresses and features natural Volcanic Ash to absorb excess oil for second-day fresh hair perfection. Vitamin E and Panthenol provide conditioning and strengthening while plant extracts nurture hair for beautiful bounce, body and healthy shine. ($28)
8. Downy Wrinkle Releaser – This isn’t really beauty but it’s so good I had to include it. I took a travel size of this to Europe with me and it saved my life and my clothes from looking a hot mess. You spray it on, tug on the wrinkles to smooth them out and hang it up. Viola! Wrinkle free clothes! It smells so fresh too and helps eliminate any odors your clothes may have too. ($2-$7)
9. ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – THIS STUFF IS SO DAMN GOOD. Yes, all caps were necessary. I got a sample of this at Sephora to help with my peeling skin due to retinol and it has saved my face. My face looks so glowy and smooth after I use this, I’m obsessed. This is a dual-action exfoliator that smooths and polishes to reveal a glowing, radiant complexion in as little as one use while unclogging pores. This scrub is also free of sulfates, parabens and other nasty stuff making it a great choice. This is made to be even more effective if you use it in the shower, the steam helps activate the enzymes! Apply, scrub for 30 seconds in circular motions, leave on for 2min then rinse and admire your beautiful glowing skin! The price is steep but WORTH IT and a little goes a long way so it lasts forever. (0.5 ounces $24, 2oz $84 & 5oz $175)
10. DiorSkin Forever Foundation – While on the hunt for a perfect foundation, I stumbled across this gem. This foundation has SPF, is long lasting and makes your skin look better over time with its pore refining technology. This foundation feels so light on the skin and doesn’t give a cakey look. It’s light enough for everyday wear and is medium to full coverage. I love how my skin looks after applying and it lasts forever! Dior’s foundations really are the best! ($50)