If you know me, you know I have a slight matte liquid lipstick obsession. By obsession I mean I’ve tried countless brands and own a little over 65 lippies. After all the brands I’ve gone through I’ve started to have some favorites. I’m rounding up my top 5 brands below.
#5 Colourpop: For the price, these liquid lippies take the cake. Their formula and feel is very very VERY similar to a Kylie lip kit & they have so many colors to pick from. These are a bit drying though and sometimes the formula can go on uneven which is why they are last on my list. ($6)
#4 Stila: This was the first liquid lipstick I tried and thus started my obsession. These smell good and look good on. They have a range of colors and have decent staying power. If you don’t eat anything oily or greasy, they can last 8+ hours on. They are a bit on the drying side though. ($24)
#3 MAC RetroMatte: These are the bomb.com! The formula is SO GOOD. Easy to apply, long lasting (food and kiss proof) and your lips feel good while you have it on, not dry and cracking. Their nude colors are my top picks hands down! ($21)
#2 SmashBox: I was so surprised when I tried these out and saw how good they are! They are great on price and look AMAZING on. Almost every color I’ve tried looks good. The applicator can be tricky, but this formula feels so soft on and stays on 10+ hours. Even through a greasy burger my lipstick stays fleeky. ($24)
#1 Kat Von D: My top pick for every reason you can think of. It’s applicator makes applying without a lip liner a breeze. The formula is amazing and moisturizing and your lips never crack while wearing it. It won’t feather or bleed after hours of eating and drinking and it doesn’t fade off. The colors are all vibrant and eye catching. All around an amazing liquid lipstick and worth every penny. ($20)
What are your favorite brands? Comment below ! Till next time my fabulous readers!
Hello my beautiful readers. I’m back with my 10 favorite beauty products of the month which have all been personally tested by muah so you can trust that if it’s on here, it’s good. This month I’m including a facial exfoliator that rivals the famous Kate Somerville, matte lippies that won’t budge, a highlight stick and skin perfecting tool that you need to add to your skincare routine. Let’s get to it!
- Trufora Triple Action Exfoliator– If you know me, you know how much I loved Kate Somerville’s exfoliakate but the price tag is border line ridiculous for a teeny tiny amount. Allow me to introduce you to a product ever better than the Somerville cult favorite. This Trufora exfoliator is down right AMAZING. I use this twice a week and in month my skin has improved significantly. My pores are pretty much gone and with my pores went the dullness as well. I can see a brighter complexion by using this and I’ve also experienced less breakouts. WINNING. I cannot stress enough how much I love this product and it’s half the price of its competitor. ($45)
- 2. Stacked SkinCare Dermaplaning Tool– This little tool is a total game changer. Safely remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells with this non-invasive exfoliation tool for instantly smoother and brighter skin. Designed to provide similar results to an in-office dermaplaning treatment, this at-home tool gently purifies skin of dead cell build-up and fine facial hair to reveal a bright, youthful-looking complexion. It was scary at first to use but ever so satisfying to see all my peach fuzz and dead skin come off, plus my skin looked SO GOOD after. ($75)
- Sesderma Factor G Serum– Sesderma is by far one of my favorite skin care brands, I’ve included other awesome products in previous round ups, see here. This time I’m raving about their Factor G Serum, which is made to help protect your skin from aging while helping improve dark spots and skin texture. This powerful concentrate helps to stimulate cell regeneration that aids in making your skin look better and keeping it look young as ever. I use it in the morning before my usual routine and then again at night time. ($57)
- Trestique Perfect Multipurpose Highlight Stick – This little stick has become a makeup bag staple. The creamy highlight glides on and I can blend it on the go with the built in perfecting sponge. I also found the sponge helps give me a perfect dewy look where my skin looks perfect. The caps are magnetic too which I loved ! It helps avoid any makeup bag mishaps. ($34)
- MAC Retro Matte Collection – If you follow me on the gram’ I’m sure you’ve seen me mention these quite a bit already so it’s no surprise they made the list. I love the newest line from MAC. An earthy toned collection of true matte liquid lipsticks. These bad boys stay on your lips and do not over dry them which was a huge selling point for me. The line has stunning colors one of my favorites being Carnivorous (seen here) ($21)
- Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal Mud Mask– THIS MASK. I am obsessed with it. It is made with charcoal and salicylic acid so it helps draw out the nasty stuff and detoxify my skin while treating existing breakouts. I use this once every two weeks to help keep my skin clear. I also use it as my emergency remedy when I suffer a bad breakout. I can feel it cleaning y skin when I have it on and it cuts the breakouts longevity in half. ($15.99)
- Big Sexy Hair Silk Finish– This is a newer product from the already loved brand. I tested this on both my wet and dry hair and loved it both ways. Your hair seriously feels like SILK when using this. The serum is light and not greasy so my hair doesn’t get weighed down and gross looking. I noticed that when I used it, I had less frizz and spilt ends which is a big win for me. This is great for all types of hair but especially those with wavy and curly hair who need a little extra help taming their beast. ($20)
- Hair La Vie Revitalizing Hair Blend – I’m a big supplement fan and love anything I can take for my skin or hair. Recently, I started to experience some scalp issues and noticed a bit more hair falling out than usual and I instantly freaked and needed something to help keep my hair and scalp healthy. I stumbled across Hair La Vie and loved adding this to my hair treatment. These pills are filled with good stuff like biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Flax Seed Oil. All these work together to help maintain my hair at its healthiest and help the growth. I noticed I had less hair loss while on the pills and that sold me. ($48)
- Robin McGraw Revelation’s Starlight, Face Bright – Recently I finished up my night cream so I had to try a new one and this one was a winner. I like to use this every other night switching off with an anti-aging night cream. This brightening wonder cream is made with Vitamin C to help protect my skin from free radicals while still helping brighten my skin and lessen my acne marks. I also saw an improvement in my pore size which was a great plus. ($50)
- Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment-I’ve spent the last few months in a full blown battle with my skin and just when I was ready to give up, I found this while wandering the aisles of Target. A Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment that has worked ridiculously well on my pimples, even my cystic ones. I put it on and within a day or two, the size and redness is significantly reduced. I was surprised at how well this worked for my cystic acne, which is what I was struggling with the most. You just need to make sure to not mix with another acne treatment as it can dry out your skin. ($6)
Outfit Details — Tunic Top : Golden Aura Boutique, Shorts : Abercrombie, Shoes : Madrag, Purse: YSL , Lips : Smashbox Disorderly, Henna: The Henna Touch
If you’re anything like me you love to give gifts but hate the stress that comes along with finding the perfect gift for everyone. I always end up waiting till the last minute then panic because nothing I found had been quite good enough. I’m the gift giver that loves to give gifts that make my loved ones’ faces light up. Good Gift Box is the perfect solution to all your gift giving woes and they even wrap and ship it for you! YAS.
Good Gift Box was created as an answer to too many hours spent worrying about the perfect gift: what to give, where and how to get it and how best to present it. They bring you the best, relevant gifts made by artisans in the USA. So no matter who is on your list, they have something for them!
GGB offers two types of boxes: pre-packaged and custom. This holiday season I picked two boxes to send out; a limited edition pre-packaged holiday box for my best friend & a custom made box for my brother.
The Holiday edition includes a wine glass, drink mixers, cocktail recipe coasters and a special holiday card.
For my brother’s custom box I included some socks, a leather wallet, tie clip and grooming essentials.
Pre-packaged boxes cost $55 while custom boxes items start at $5.
Anything that makes gift giving easier I’m a fan of! Make sure to give them a look and gift someone a gift they’re sure to love.
Happy Holidays loves! xx
I can’t believe this is my last round up for the year! 6 month of beauty favorites are coming to an end. This month I saved the best for last. Some of these products have become staples in my beauty stash and I promise you that you’ll love them just as much. Most items on this month’s list are skin care related and there’s no better time to ramp up your skin care regime than the New Year. Let’s start shall we?!
- Sesderma Sensyses Lightening Cleanser – I was recently introduced to this brand and have fallen in love with almost everything they have. This cleanser is something like a micellar water but better. This serves as a makeup remover and cleanser in one and also helps your skin up the brightness with vitamin C. I’ve run out of this twice already and restocked. There are also 4 other types to help with different skin issues such as aging and acne. ($19.90)
- Masqueology Cream Sheet Masks – So straight up, these are messy but so good. First off, they’re Korean facial masks and if you know your beauty, Korean products are the shit. These sheet masks come in 4 types, my fav being the Vita Clarifying Cream Mask. You put it on your face, sit back for 20 minutes and then massage the rest of the cream in. It’s a mini spa treatment and your skin will thank you. ($2.50 each)
- FragranceLock – I love perfume but I always hate that it doesn’t last long, especially on days I’m running around. This finishing spray sets out to solve that problem but locking in your fragrance for 12 whole hours! I tested this out and it really did keep me smelling like Flowerbomb for the whole day. You just spray your favorite perfume, wait a few minutes and then spray this on top. So easy to use ! ($30)
- Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask – This time of year for me is insane and my under eye circles come out to play due to lack of sleep. This little treatment has helped me so much. You put it on while getting ready in the morning and it helps to relieve the puffiness and darkness under your eyes so you can look awake even though you slept at most 3 hours. ($9)
- Vitamin E Oil – I added this my skincare regime about a month ago after reading all its benefits and I can truly say it’s helped my skin so much. I use retinol and one of its side effects is peeling skin. Vitamin E helps keep my skin healthy and hydrated and stops it from flaking. It also helps my fine lines and makes my skin look glowy and plump. Make sure you use pure Vitamin E oil to get all the benefits and then just apply a bit before bed and allow it to do it’s magic. ($7.99)
- Golden Peel-a-Way Masque – This mask is GOLD literally and figuratively. It is pricey but honestly I love this thing! It was so fun to apply to leave on, if you follow me on snap & IG, you saw my obnoxious posts with it on messing around. This mask feels so good on the skin and works to refresh skin and penetrate deeply to life impurities and dead skin cells. When you peel it off, peel upwards and then reveal flowing skin! Make sure to tone and moisturize after! ($68)
- Dermalogica® Best-Selling Brightening Duo – These are two of the brand’s best sellers and when used together your face will thank you. I cannot stress enough how important exfoliating is for healthy skin. You wash you face with the cleanser and then exfoliate. It helps to take away built up skin and also helps lighten any uneven skin pigmentation and calm redness. I felt like it helped my texture over time and it gave my skin a nice glow. ($65)
- The Beachwaver Co. Beachwaver S1.25 Ceramic Rotating Curling Iron – VICTORIA SECRET MODEL HAIR. That is what this magical rotating curling iron does. It gives you the prettiest waves with tons of va va voom! Key benefits include a heat range of 290° – 490°, lighter 5.5” ceramic barrel length, 1.25 barrel width, arrow button for rotation control, 8 foot swivel cord, ergonomic handle, beveled no-kink clamp, fast/slow speed switch and a home button. ($129)
- Face The Day – This is sooooo great for us ladies living in Miami. A SPF 30 cream with primer!! It protects you from the sun and its damage and preps your skin for makeup. I love that it helps me cut one part of my skin routine in the morning. Anything for 5 min extra of sleep. ($14.62)
- Daily Exfoliating Serum – Another product from Golden Door is on this list because honestly their products are so damn good. SOOOOOO GOOOD. You apply this serum at night and over time it helps to exfoliate your skin to reduce fine lines and pore size. I can say this has helped my pore size significantly! You have to moisturize though or it will leave you with flaky skin! ($88)