Hello hello! Today I’m sharing one of my all time favorite recipes to make that’s easy, healthy and yummy. If you follow me on Instagram, I’m sure you saw the mini recipe about this dish I posted & after getting countless requests for the full recipe, here we are.
I LOVE any dish that includes Picadillo & this has become one of my staples. You can make this dish with regular ground beef & pasta if you wish but to keep the dish macro friendly I use lean ground turkey and protein pasta. Let’s get started!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Can of Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Complete Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mojo Criole Marinade
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Box Barilla Protein Plus Rotini Pasta
- 1 Jar of Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Put ground turkey on a plate & add your onion, garlic, salt & complete seasoning
- Next add your mojo marinade and 1/2 of the low sodium tomato sauce
- Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes
- While you let the turkey sit, bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot
- Add pasta and a pinch of salt and stir.
- As pasta cooks, add a little olive oil to a medium sized pan and add your seasoned turkey
- Begin to cook on medium heat.
- As it cooks, add in the 1/2 left of tomato sauce.
- Stir the picadillo and cook until brown.
- Take your pasta and drain the water from it and place back on stove on low heat.
- Add in your cooked turkey to pasta and mix.
- Add in your tomato and bail sauce and mix (I usually add half a jar)
- Lastly, add 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and mix in for melted cheese goodness
VOILA! You’re done! Quick, easy and good for you! Let me know how your dishes come out when you try this!
As 2017 comes to a close, many of us are setting up goals for the new year. Things like go to the gym and eat healthier. If you’re like me, your eating habits are pretty good but sometimes you need a little help. I decided to get a head start on my 2018 goal of eating clean(er) and switching up my diet to include my favorite dishes by making them on the healthier side.
With a little help from my friends at Deliver Lean, I was able to do just that. I’m busy as hell ALL the time and cooking is usually the last thing on my mind. I try my hardest to meal prep on Sundays but sometimes I’m just not in the mood & if you know me, you know I hate cooking, H A T E. That’s when I decided to try a meal planning service. Cue Deliver Lean to the rescue
Deliver Lean is South Florida’s leading meal delivery service. With four meal plans to choose from, including Classic, Paleo, Vegetarian and Vegan, over 100 different menu items rotating weekly, add-ons like cold-pressed organic juice, kids meals, snacks and desserts, plus exclusive access to choose your own meals and track your macros online, DeliverLean gives customers all the tools and freedom to customize the perfect meal plan for their lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for health and convenience or have weight loss goals in mind, DeliverLean has you covered.
I decided to go with a mix of their Paleo and Classic dish options to help keep my diet on track and manage my weight without losing too much muscle. See some of my meal choices below. My favorite dishes were the Media Noche Sandwich, Flax seed Waffle w/ Turkey Bacon, Thai Style Marinated Chicken with Brown Rice and Black Bean Edamame Burger.
The food was de-li-cious! It tasted fresh and some of the dishes were so good I kept thinking there’s no way they can be healthy. I also loved how each meal came with the macros printed on the container. After a week of meals I was hooked and made sure to sign up for an additional two weeks. You can’t beat the quality of the meals and the convenience of having them delivered fresh to your door.
Check out how yummy some of my meals looked (and tasted!). 2018 is the perfect excuse to try out Deliver Lean and get back on track after all that Holiday food. Cheers to the new year everyone!