Hello hello! Today I’m sharing one of my all time favorite recipes to make that’s easy, healthy and yummy. If you follow me on Instagram, I’m sure you saw the mini recipe about this dish I posted & after getting countless requests for the full recipe, here we are.
I LOVE any dish that includes Picadillo & this has become one of my staples. You can make this dish with regular ground beef & pasta if you wish but to keep the dish macro friendly I use lean ground turkey and protein pasta. Let’s get started!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Can of Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Complete Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mojo Criole Marinade
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Box Barilla Protein Plus Rotini Pasta
- 1 Jar of Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Put ground turkey on a plate & add your onion, garlic, salt & complete seasoning
- Next add your mojo marinade and 1/2 of the low sodium tomato sauce
- Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes
- While you let the turkey sit, bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot
- Add pasta and a pinch of salt and stir.
- As pasta cooks, add a little olive oil to a medium sized pan and add your seasoned turkey
- Begin to cook on medium heat.
- As it cooks, add in the 1/2 left of tomato sauce.
- Stir the picadillo and cook until brown.
- Take your pasta and drain the water from it and place back on stove on low heat.
- Add in your cooked turkey to pasta and mix.
- Add in your tomato and bail sauce and mix (I usually add half a jar)
- Lastly, add 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and mix in for melted cheese goodness
VOILA! You’re done! Quick, easy and good for you! Let me know how your dishes come out when you try this!
As 2017 comes to a close, many of us are setting up goals for the new year. Things like go to the gym and eat healthier. If you’re like me, your eating habits are pretty good but sometimes you need a little help. I decided to get a head start on my 2018 goal of eating clean(er) and switching up my diet to include my favorite dishes by making them on the healthier side.
With a little help from my friends at Deliver Lean, I was able to do just that. I’m busy as hell ALL the time and cooking is usually the last thing on my mind. I try my hardest to meal prep on Sundays but sometimes I’m just not in the mood & if you know me, you know I hate cooking, H A T E. That’s when I decided to try a meal planning service. Cue Deliver Lean to the rescue
Deliver Lean is South Florida’s leading meal delivery service. With four meal plans to choose from, including Classic, Paleo, Vegetarian and Vegan, over 100 different menu items rotating weekly, add-ons like cold-pressed organic juice, kids meals, snacks and desserts, plus exclusive access to choose your own meals and track your macros online, DeliverLean gives customers all the tools and freedom to customize the perfect meal plan for their lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for health and convenience or have weight loss goals in mind, DeliverLean has you covered.
I decided to go with a mix of their Paleo and Classic dish options to help keep my diet on track and manage my weight without losing too much muscle. See some of my meal choices below. My favorite dishes were the Media Noche Sandwich, Flax seed Waffle w/ Turkey Bacon, Thai Style Marinated Chicken with Brown Rice and Black Bean Edamame Burger.
The food was de-li-cious! It tasted fresh and some of the dishes were so good I kept thinking there’s no way they can be healthy. I also loved how each meal came with the macros printed on the container. After a week of meals I was hooked and made sure to sign up for an additional two weeks. You can’t beat the quality of the meals and the convenience of having them delivered fresh to your door.
Check out how yummy some of my meals looked (and tasted!). 2018 is the perfect excuse to try out Deliver Lean and get back on track after all that Holiday food. Cheers to the new year everyone!
Hello beautiful people. This week’s post is in collab with Six:02 and Reebok for their #perfectnever line. As someone who has constantly been after a “perfect” physique, it felt great to step outside my comfort zone and shoot sans shirt. As women, we are pressured to believe that unless we have a Kim K booty, toned legs and a flat tummy we aren’t perfect. Well ladies, that’s some BS. No matter what size you are, a 0 or a 16, our bodies are without a doubt, BEAUTIFUL. Perfection is unattainable and instead you should aim to be healthy and do what makes you and your body feel good. As Reebok says: Remember that perfect is boring. Perfect never gets better, never learns and never grows. You are who you’ve worked to become and should be so very proud that you are not perfect. PERFECT NEVER & BE MORE HUMAN.
Outfit Details: Head to Toe from SIX:02
How many of us are guilty of skipping a workout to save our new do? I’m the first one to dread my workout after I hit the salon! C’mon now, you pay all that money just to sweat it out a day later, no thanks, I’ll pass. Well never fear because I found some go to tips to keep your hair looking fresh and non sweaty! Guess we need a new reason to skip out on the gym right? (Not that I do that or anything………)
Ditch the Bike, Grab the Weights.
Stick to strength-based exercises (squats, lunges, Barre, Pilates, yoga, etc;) which are still intense, but generate less sweat. Hold off on intense cardio classes till your ready to let go of that fresh style.
Goodbye Elastic, Hello Bobby Pins.
Throw those elastics away and instead keep hair in place with bobby pins. Elastics will leave that oh so ugly ponytail dent! Pinning your hair in a bun will help sweat evaporate through the hair! You should also keep a towel handy to dab the base of your hairline and the back of your neck. You can also wear a sweat-absorbent headband to help keep perspiration away. The most important tip, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR HAIR! All that dirt and oil from your hands will kill any style.
Have a Plan of Attack.
Apply a dry shampoo to your roots before you work out to prevent moisture from transferring from your scalp to the rest of your hair. (Tip: Try Cibu’s Ka POW! Dry Shampoo, ($16) it will add volume and zap oil.) After your workout, dab neck and hair line and apply a few more spritzes of dry shampoo and massage it into your scalp.
Follow these tips and your blowout or style will be perfect and your body will be thankful you didn’t skip out on your workout, a total win win!
Happy Fitness Friday everyone! Check out the video below for 5 easy and quick workouts myself & BTE Training show you that you can do to target those legs and booty of yours! You can do them at home or at the gym and it takes no more than 30 minutes. Get up and Get Moving!
Again Thank You to my Partner in Crime Gennipher & my trainer Kevin from BTE. Don’t forget to check out BTE Training here & here!
If you’re anything like me, you hit the snooze button 10 times before you manage to drag yourself out of bed, only to realize now you have 30 minutes to pull yourself together, eat breakfast and get out the door before you’re late to work for the 100th time. I will do anything to allow myself to sleep in most mornings and it’s time I share my favorite tips with you. This is the lazy girls’ bible.
1. Dare To Be an Outfit Repeater- If you’re going to be seeing two different people on two different days and you’re crunched for time, just wear the same thing. Let’s be honest — you probably put together something you really liked anyway, and it’s a great way to get more play out of your statement pieces.
2. Dry Shampoo is your BFF – Hair looking a little lifeless and greasy? Spritz dry shampoo on your roots and comb out, blow dry a little to add volume and you are good to go. Psh, who says you have to wash your hair everyday?
3. Master The Updo – Oh the days your hair is too crazy or dirty to wear down, master the up-do! Pull your hair into a messy pony or messy top knot and you’ll look trés chic in no time. Lucky for us lazy gals, messy hair is totally in right now.
4.Plan Outfits the Night Before – The night before pick out what you want to wear, your shoes, accessories, even your make-up! Doing this the night before allows you to hit that snooze button a few times before rising & takes aways the stress of “WHAT DO I WEAR!?” in the morning.
5.BB Cream and Lipstick Are Your Secret Weapon! – Too tired for make-up? A coat or two of mascara, BB cream and a swipe of red or any color lipstick paired with that messy do I’m sure you’re sporting and you look damn fabulous! People will think you wake up looking that good.
6. Shower The Night Before – This is an obvious one, but if you have time shower the night before. You can save 15 min. in the morning.
Tell me, what are some of your favorite tricks to save time when you’re in a rush?