- Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuacu Lip Butter– Growing up I had like 30 chapsticks at once, now in my mid-20s, not much has changed except for the brands I hoard. This Lip Butter was a great addition to my obsession collection. It smells like summer and is very moisturizing. It keeps my lips hydrated for hours and leaves my lips looking healthier. ($18)
- Hype Nail Polish – An all natural nail polish brand from my very own hometown. What won me over with these polishes was the color vibrancy. They go on colorful and stay nice and shiny for about 9 days, which is great for a non gel polish. ($8 each)
- Tartan &Twine Travel Bags – When I travel I take a ridiculous amount of makeup and about 80% of my skincare routine products with me and I like it all to be organized. These makeup bags have helped me do just that. They come with multiple compartments to store whatever you need and they fit SO MUCH. I took this with me to New York and I swear it was so perfect. They also come in the cutest prints and have a hook so you can hook it behind a door! ($30)
- DCL Detoxifying Clay Mask – Raise your hand if you are a mask junkie as I am! ::raises hand:: This mask is awesome! It is dermatologist approved and helps clear the gunk out of your pores. After using twice a week for a month I noticed my pores looked tighter and I had reduced my blackheads. It also helps to stop breakouts whenever I get a really bad one. ($50)
- Algenist REVEAL Luminating Drops– This is my first experience with drops and it was a good one. This is more of an illuminating then correcting formula. It has anti-aging properties which is a great bonus. I use it two ways: first being mixing it into my foundation for an overall glow & secondly as a highlighter in specific areas I wanted a little extra shimmer. I like that this is subtle yet makes my skin look healthy. ($38)
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – If you know me personally, you know that my hair is 80% dry shampoo all the time. Being a redhead it helps me avoid washing my color out on a weekly basis, so I’ve tried a ton of shampoos. This one is by far a favorite! It leaves white residue but comes out fast and smells great. It leaves my hair oil free and restores the volume. Plus, for the price it’s a major deal. ($6)
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Like masks, I am also obsessed with matte liquid lipsticks. I stumbled across this brand while browsing Sephora and I now want to buy every color known to man. The formula is soft and doesn’t dry your lips out. It goes on super easy and with great color, plus does not move or fade no matter how much you drink or eat. I love it even more than the Stila ones. ($20)
- AOA Scrubby Facial Cleansing Pad– This little face scrubbing tool is only ONE DOLLAR and it’s awesome! I use it to gently exfoliate my skin in the morning. It’s made from a silicone material that’s soft and east on your skin. I also stick it in my overnight bag when I travel when I can’t take my Clarisonic with me to make sure my skin is still being exfoliated. For a $1, this is a must buy. ($1)
- Instant Perfection Peel Pads– I use one of these bad boys right before my makeup to smooth my skin and close pores to help give my skin a perfect canvas for makeup. They gently exfoliate my skin with daily use and help my skin give a more even texture. ($49)
- Anastasia Brow Gel Clear – If you are a fellow make up obsessed woman, I feel like you already know that anything Anastasia is AMAZING. This brow gel has become a staple in my makeup bag, I use it alone on days where I’m not wearing much makeup to keep my brows tamed and then on days I fill in my brows I use it to set them in place. ($22)
Hello my beautiful readers. I’m back with my 10 favorite beauty products of the month which have all been personally tested by muah so you can trust that if it’s on here, it’s good. This month I’m including a facial exfoliator that rivals the famous Kate Somerville, matte lippies that won’t budge, a highlight stick and skin perfecting tool that you need to add to your skincare routine. Let’s get to it!
- Trufora Triple Action Exfoliator– If you know me, you know how much I loved Kate Somerville’s exfoliakate but the price tag is border line ridiculous for a teeny tiny amount. Allow me to introduce you to a product ever better than the Somerville cult favorite. This Trufora exfoliator is down right AMAZING. I use this twice a week and in month my skin has improved significantly. My pores are pretty much gone and with my pores went the dullness as well. I can see a brighter complexion by using this and I’ve also experienced less breakouts. WINNING. I cannot stress enough how much I love this product and it’s half the price of its competitor. ($45)
- 2. Stacked SkinCare Dermaplaning Tool– This little tool is a total game changer. Safely remove peach fuzz and dead skin cells with this non-invasive exfoliation tool for instantly smoother and brighter skin. Designed to provide similar results to an in-office dermaplaning treatment, this at-home tool gently purifies skin of dead cell build-up and fine facial hair to reveal a bright, youthful-looking complexion. It was scary at first to use but ever so satisfying to see all my peach fuzz and dead skin come off, plus my skin looked SO GOOD after. ($75)
- Sesderma Factor G Serum– Sesderma is by far one of my favorite skin care brands, I’ve included other awesome products in previous round ups, see here. This time I’m raving about their Factor G Serum, which is made to help protect your skin from aging while helping improve dark spots and skin texture. This powerful concentrate helps to stimulate cell regeneration that aids in making your skin look better and keeping it look young as ever. I use it in the morning before my usual routine and then again at night time. ($57)
- Trestique Perfect Multipurpose Highlight Stick – This little stick has become a makeup bag staple. The creamy highlight glides on and I can blend it on the go with the built in perfecting sponge. I also found the sponge helps give me a perfect dewy look where my skin looks perfect. The caps are magnetic too which I loved ! It helps avoid any makeup bag mishaps. ($34)
- MAC Retro Matte Collection – If you follow me on the gram’ I’m sure you’ve seen me mention these quite a bit already so it’s no surprise they made the list. I love the newest line from MAC. An earthy toned collection of true matte liquid lipsticks. These bad boys stay on your lips and do not over dry them which was a huge selling point for me. The line has stunning colors one of my favorites being Carnivorous (seen here) ($21)
- Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal Mud Mask– THIS MASK. I am obsessed with it. It is made with charcoal and salicylic acid so it helps draw out the nasty stuff and detoxify my skin while treating existing breakouts. I use this once every two weeks to help keep my skin clear. I also use it as my emergency remedy when I suffer a bad breakout. I can feel it cleaning y skin when I have it on and it cuts the breakouts longevity in half. ($15.99)
- Big Sexy Hair Silk Finish– This is a newer product from the already loved brand. I tested this on both my wet and dry hair and loved it both ways. Your hair seriously feels like SILK when using this. The serum is light and not greasy so my hair doesn’t get weighed down and gross looking. I noticed that when I used it, I had less frizz and spilt ends which is a big win for me. This is great for all types of hair but especially those with wavy and curly hair who need a little extra help taming their beast. ($20)
- Hair La Vie Revitalizing Hair Blend – I’m a big supplement fan and love anything I can take for my skin or hair. Recently, I started to experience some scalp issues and noticed a bit more hair falling out than usual and I instantly freaked and needed something to help keep my hair and scalp healthy. I stumbled across Hair La Vie and loved adding this to my hair treatment. These pills are filled with good stuff like biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Flax Seed Oil. All these work together to help maintain my hair at its healthiest and help the growth. I noticed I had less hair loss while on the pills and that sold me. ($48)
- Robin McGraw Revelation’s Starlight, Face Bright – Recently I finished up my night cream so I had to try a new one and this one was a winner. I like to use this every other night switching off with an anti-aging night cream. This brightening wonder cream is made with Vitamin C to help protect my skin from free radicals while still helping brighten my skin and lessen my acne marks. I also saw an improvement in my pore size which was a great plus. ($50)
- Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment-I’ve spent the last few months in a full blown battle with my skin and just when I was ready to give up, I found this while wandering the aisles of Target. A Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment that has worked ridiculously well on my pimples, even my cystic ones. I put it on and within a day or two, the size and redness is significantly reduced. I was surprised at how well this worked for my cystic acne, which is what I was struggling with the most. You just need to make sure to not mix with another acne treatment as it can dry out your skin. ($6)
Happy Monday babes! Hoping you all had a fantastic weekend. Recently I got together with some of my blogger boos for the first ever #BloggerWhoBrunch with Geneva Naturals and let me say it was such a fun brunch! Our kind host, Geneva Naturals, is a new skincare line that just stepped on the market that’s made with rare ingredients such as Edelweiss, which is found in the beautiful Swiss Alps. Geneva Naturals is for the woman who never takes a break — whether that be in motherhood, her career, or anything that she endeavors. A line to help get your skin in check and reveal its true beauty all while keeping their products at an affordable price point. It’s luxury skin care without the luxury price tag.
While brunching at the delicious DÔA on South Beach, we were able to try out their first three products, which include:
Advanced Vitamin C+E Oil – features 20% Vitamin C and Edelweiss combined with Hyaluronic Acid, Coconut Oil, Moringa Oil & Vitamin E, this serum is specifically formulated to restore firmness and reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, restoring your skin to its natural state of beauty.
Advanced Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF (both scented and unscented) – Moisturizer Cream with SPF 20 features Edelweiss combined with Hyaluronic Acid, Coconut Oil, Moringa Oil and Vitamin E this day cream is specifically formulated to restore firmness and provide and every day protection from the sun for a more youthful and vibrant skin.
Advanced Anti-Aging Retinol Cream – features Retinol and Edelweiss combined with Hyaluronic Acid, Coconut Oil, Moringa Oil & Vitamin E, this night cream is specifically formulated to restore firmness and reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles.
So far my favorite of the bunch has been the Vitamin C+E Oil. It smells so good and goes on the skin smoothly without leaving any type of residue behind. I see my skin brighter and more hydrated after using it for a week! Must try if you ask me.Lucky for you I’m giving all my readers 20% off with code TG20 so you can try these bad boys out for yourself.
After testing out the products we were treated to multiple LatAsian fusion dishes that were down right mouth watering and I made sure to wash them down with cognac cocktails and Whispering Angels Rose wine. Best part of the entire experience was the ladies I was able to spend some quality time with. Thank you to Geneva Naturals for bringing such a great group of ladies together for a fun afternoon! Till next time loves. xx
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Geneva Naturals and The bLink Marketing Network. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello my fellow fashion feens! It is getting extremely hot down here in Miami so I’m currently transitioning my closet to full on summer mode (yes I know it’s Spring, but Miami = always summer) starting with this super cute set that features a matching crop and light weight pant. My favorite straw hat also makes an appearance and like I’ve said before, you’ll be seeing it all summer!
Hello beauties! In the last few months I’ve seen women coloring their faces different colors in an attempt to make redness, dark circles, and imperfections disappear and if you’re like me you were or are lost as to how in the world you can make it work for you! Never fear, as always TFB is here to light the way. I’ve compiled a guide to color correcting where you can learn what works for which imperfection and the best way to apply the colors!
After learning how to correctly color correct, I can say it is AWESOME. My dark circles are gone and my redness is basically invisible. This is a great way to step up your make up routine and it takes an extra 5 min to add this to your makeup routine.
If we look at the color wheel, we will see each of the colors. Opposite each one of them is a color that has the exact strength to cancel the other one, For example, red is across from green; they cancel each other out. When applied to the human face, the same sort of cancellation happens on the skin as it would on canvas.
Let’s take a look at what color works for what skin issue to find which colors you should be using:
Green concealer under foundation cancels out acne, sunburn, rosacea, and visible capillaries.
Yellow concealer lightens darker skin tones and combats purple under-eye circles or bruises.
Peach concealer conceals under-eye circles on olive skin tones, and counterbalances deep blue skin associated with the weariest of under-eye darkness.
Pink concealer brightens the complexion and combats sallow undertones in fair to medium skin tones. Purple does the same.
Blue concealer adds radiance to skin and brightens porcelain and fair skin tones.
Caramel counteracts ashiness on medium and dark skin tones.
Now how to apply: Start off by cleansing your face as usual and applying any toners and moisturizers. The apply the correct color concealer to your problem area. I usually apply yellow under my eyes and green on my blemishes.
After you apply, blend blend blend! I love to blend with a damp beauty blender. After its all blended I apply my foundation and then if I need it, a little skin colored concealer on top. Set with setting powder and VIOLA! Perfect looking skin!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!