Hello hello! Today I’m sharing one of my all time favorite recipes to make that’s easy, healthy and yummy. If you follow me on Instagram, I’m sure you saw the mini recipe about this dish I posted & after getting countless requests for the full recipe, here we are.
I LOVE any dish that includes Picadillo & this has become one of my staples. You can make this dish with regular ground beef & pasta if you wish but to keep the dish macro friendly I use lean ground turkey and protein pasta. Let’s get started!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small Can of Low Sodium Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Complete Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mojo Criole Marinade
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Box Barilla Protein Plus Rotini Pasta
- 1 Jar of Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Put ground turkey on a plate & add your onion, garlic, salt & complete seasoning
- Next add your mojo marinade and 1/2 of the low sodium tomato sauce
- Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes
- While you let the turkey sit, bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot
- Add pasta and a pinch of salt and stir.
- As pasta cooks, add a little olive oil to a medium sized pan and add your seasoned turkey
- Begin to cook on medium heat.
- As it cooks, add in the 1/2 left of tomato sauce.
- Stir the picadillo and cook until brown.
- Take your pasta and drain the water from it and place back on stove on low heat.
- Add in your cooked turkey to pasta and mix.
- Add in your tomato and bail sauce and mix (I usually add half a jar)
- Lastly, add 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and mix in for melted cheese goodness
VOILA! You’re done! Quick, easy and good for you! Let me know how your dishes come out when you try this!