It’s time to round up this month’s MUST HAVE beauty items. This month’s round-up includes rice papers that promise to leave your oily skin shine free and a curl enhancer cream that I can’t get enough of. Let’s start shall we?
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Moisturizer – I have been on the hunt for a moisturizer that kept my peeling skin at bay (an unfortunate side effect of retinol), wouldn’t make my oilk skin break out and included anti aging properties because hey, I won’t be 25 forever and I found it! This moisturizer is affordable and really gets the job done. I have a few fine lines and saw them greatly reduced while using this and my skin glowed. It’s also really thick and hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy and causing a breakout. Another major plus? It’s under $50!! ($24)
3. Palladio Rice Papers – THIS! Listen, I have struggled with my oily skin FOREVER and I never leave home without my blue oil blotting sheets because lord knows after an hour or two out, my face looks so shiny it’s not even funny. Well, these papers win at everything!!!!! One side absorbs the oils and the other side is coated with a translucent powder to touch up my face. It’s the perfect two in one product and it eliminates the need for me to carry my compact with me. If you have oily skin, this is a must have in your bag! ($4)
4. Terax Leave In Conditioner – A vegan moisturizer for hair that uses a super cocktail of botanicals, along with Sunflower seed extract for antioxidant protection and color retention. It also helps to balance out your hair and cuticles to lock in moisture to fight frizz and color damage. As a red head I need all the color protection I can get and this leaves my crazy hair manageable and soft while locking in my color. I personally love to keep this in my beach bag to spritz on while in the sun and after getting in the water to help keep my hair healthy. ($22)
5. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip – I AM OBSESSED WITH THESE. I bought over 10+ shades because I have no self control and I loved every single one. The formula lasts F O R E V E R and doesn’t dry out my lips too bad. These are a great dupe for Kylie Lip Kits and Stila All Day Liquid Lipsticks at a fraction of the cost. YOU NEED THESE, trust me. ($6)
6. AERIN Mediterranean Honeysuckle Perfume – This is your must have summer perfume. It is so delicious! This fragrance is a floral and citrus mix that is just as magical and as wonderful as its inspiration. It includes notes of honeysuckle and grapefruit and trasnports you to the island of Capri where its inspiration came from. I carry the rollerball in my bag for touch ups through out the day and whenever I need to pretend I’m on a magical vacation instead of dealing with my office woes. ($100-$155)
7. Julius Few MD Smooth Shade Tint – When you go out and need a flawless face, this is it. An SPF 50+ BB Cream that lends a sheer tint to skin to hide imperfections. Perfect for evening out tone, minimizing the look of lines and pores, and controlling shine when you’re out having fun in the sun. I love this for days where I’m hitting the gym and running errands where I want to protect my skin but a no makeup feel and also for my days spent by the water but I want a little coverage to hide any blemishes or big pores! It comes at a steep price but a little goes a long way with this product! ($80)
8. DERMAFLASH – This little device is an at-home exfoliating device that refinishes skin by removing dead skin cells and built-up debris, while also gently removing facial hair for smooth, luminous, and youthful-looking skin.I love this machine because it leaves my skin smooth and provides a great canvas for my makeup and also leaves my skin looking so good I can feel confident on days I go make-up free. You prep your skin with a special cleanser and then after you use the device you put another cream to sooth your skin. It’s a pricey machine but worth every penny for the results you get. ($189)
9. T’ZIKAL Curling Cream – I swear I am a hair product hoarder but this one stands out among all my other curl enhancing creams. First off the smell is AMAZING! Secondly, it works wonder on my wavy/curly lion’s mane that I call hair. I am always trying to embrace my natural hair and this helps me do just that. I apply a little to damp hair and work it through and then a little on my dry hair the next morning. This cream is made with Ojon oil and helps control my frizz and keep my curls moisturized and shiny! ($38)
10. Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator – I am a highlighter obsessed woman. My boyfriend is always making fun of my highlighting skills and calling me GoldDust but IDGAF because I look fabulous. This product is now my new favorite highlighter for a natural everyday look. The shade is universally flattering and isn’t glittery which I love. I apply it and blend with my fingers for the most natural look. This is perfect for no makeup days when I want a glowy look! Also unlike powder luminizers and highlighters, this fresh-looking cream fuses with the complexion for a healthy-looking sheen. It’s like a mini portable spotlight for your face! YAS. ($42)
Hello lovers. Sorry for neglecting you, life has been pretty crazy but never fear I have some awesome collabs coming up to share with you all. To kick if off I partnered up with Sunglass Hut #ElectrifySummer to bring you this season’s hottest sunnies trends!
Everything in summer is encircled by magic. The days are filled with ecstatic light, the evenings bring vibrant sunsets, and the air is filled with electricity. We all know I love a good pair of sunnies and I am always adding to my collection. Check out my top three trends for this season and get ready to stock up on these fashion favorites.
TOP SUMMER TRENDS:
PRINTS & PATTERNS
PRINTS & PATTERNS:
You can never go wrong with a few sunglass selections. Just like you have more than one pair of shoes, it’s worth investing in building a sunglass wardrobe. This should include a classic aviator, glam shapes in black or tort, and one pair that really expresses your personal style! Build a wardrobe of sunglasses with different shapes, colors and styles so that you have something for every season. Lord knows I have a pair of sunnies for everyday of the week and more! Happy shopping!
*all details and opinions expressed are my own, images c/o Sunglass Hut*