Hello beautiful people. As winter comes to a close we get ready to embrace a whole new slew of trends for Spring 17′. If you’re like me, I love a good trend or two, or three. I’m breaking down your top 5 trends in eyewear below, both prescription wear and sunglasses. Which would you try?
I’m the type girl who has 100 pairs of sunnies and still thinks she can use more.This season is no exception with 5 styles that are must haves. Classic aviators are in, as well as over the top embellished pairs like the Jimmy Choo ones above.
On top of owning 100 sunglasses, I’ve also come to own 100 pairs of prescription glasses. This season red, clear and tortoise frames are in and top on my list. The ones above are from my new favorite brand, Aspire Eyewear. These glasses are great with their flexible and light-weight design. I have a red pair I’m obsessed with and they are almost impossible to break! Major win since I’m guilty of falling asleep with them on more than once.
Which trend is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Hello lovers. Sorry for neglecting you, life has been pretty crazy but never fear I have some awesome collabs coming up to share with you all. To kick if off I partnered up with Sunglass Hut #ElectrifySummer to bring you this season’s hottest sunnies trends!
Everything in summer is encircled by magic. The days are filled with ecstatic light, the evenings bring vibrant sunsets, and the air is filled with electricity. We all know I love a good pair of sunnies and I am always adding to my collection. Check out my top three trends for this season and get ready to stock up on these fashion favorites.
TOP SUMMER TRENDS:
PRINTS & PATTERNS
- Effortless, easygoing, and sexy (plus, they pair perfectly with cutoffs), round shades help you channel those boho beach vibes and 60s bombshell days.
- I’m obsessed with rounded frames and mirrored lenses, actually mirrored anything.
- These retro inspired frames offer a fresh and fun vibe, which is perfect for the weekend.
- Round sunglasses tend to work best with square faces, since they balance out proportions.
- The season’s latest take on color is with translucent styles. Whether it’s pink, grey or purples, a colorful translucent frame will make a statement without being too bold.
- Translucent frames allow you to wear pops of color yet creating a more understated look. This way you can maximize your clothing patterns and it blends perfectly.
- Try a clear cateye frame with blue mirrored lenses, pure perfection!
PRINTS & PATTERNS:
- A printed style makes a bold fashion statement that works with your office looks during the week or a pair of cut offs on the weekend.
- Don’t be afraid to try stripes, polka dots and florals as many designers are playing with them this season.
You can never go wrong with a few sunglass selections. Just like you have more than one pair of shoes, it’s worth investing in building a sunglass wardrobe. This should include a classic aviator, glam shapes in black or tort, and one pair that really expresses your personal style! Build a wardrobe of sunglasses with different shapes, colors and styles so that you have something for every season. Lord knows I have a pair of sunnies for everyday of the week and more! Happy shopping!
*all details and opinions expressed are my own, images c/o Sunglass Hut*